This specialist MSc course develops ambitious students to become future leaders of the hospitality and tourism industry. Successful applicants will normally have a bachelor's degree in business, hospitality, or tourism management and a minimum of one year's relevant work experience.
After completing your academic studies you will have the option to undertake a one-year paid work placement as part of the course. You will be fully supported in finding a placement and supervised throughout.
Why choose this course?
- The Oxford School of Hospitality Management is ranked top in the UK for hospitality management education (CEOWorld magazine, 2015).
- You will learn from recognised experts in their fields – those who write the books that support your learning, and frequently engage with industry experts through University`s range of events and international visiting speaker programme. This helps you to develop your networking skills and gain useful, global contacts for the future.
- You will be mentored by a leading senior figure from industry, who will help with your professional development. In addition, University`s dedicated Careers Centre provides you with extensive support in securing graduate jobs and placements.
- You will become a member of the school’s Bacchus Society, which will give you the opportunity to meet successful alumni and industry experts at a range of events to help you build up a network of industry contacts.
- Learning and teaching is student-centred, participative and interactive - practice and theory is integrated into your learning and assessment. You can customise assignments to suit your own interests.
- You have the option to take a one-year, full-time, paid work placement to further enhance your career prospects.
Oxford Brookes University graduates go on to work for the leading hotel brands in a wide range of roles either in the UK or internationally with companies like Accor, Compass, Carnival, Four Seasons, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Shangri-La, Mandarin Oriental, Marriott, Rezidor, Sodexho, Sol Melia, Starwood and TUI.