You will take nine modules.
The compulsory modules are:
- Research Methods (20 credits)
- Dissertation module (60 credits).
You will also choose:
- three modules from the MA Education – Childhood and Youth Studies
- two modules from any of modules on the ‘open route’ of the MA Education.
The course will explore issues including:
- What kind of experiences and settings provide the best environment for children and young people?
- International comparisons, for example, when should formal schooling begin and does the UK do too much too young?
- Learning to be citizens - what is the appropriate role for children and young people in participation and governance of schools/society?
- Resolving the conflict between giving children and young people independence and keeping them safe.
- Parenting and whether the state should teach us how to be good parents.
- How practitioners in children's services can work effectively to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children, young people and families they work with.